Thursday, June 9, 2011

Stew Meat over Potatoes


I don't have a picture of this meal, I forgot to take one at dinner so I will update this next time I make it. This dinner is super easy and really yummy!

1 package stew meat
1 packet brown gravy mix
1 packet onion gravy mix
water (as per gravy mixes)
Potatoes

I cook the stew meat in the crock pot all day on low, I add a tiny bit of water so the meat doesn't dry out and I sprinkle it with salt and pepper. About an hour before you want to eat, add the 2 gravy packets and the amount of water they call for. Make sure you don't add too much water or it won't thicken. Mix well in the crockpot and let simmer for an hour to thicken up. In the meantime boil your potatoes to make the mashed potatoes. When meat mixture is finished and thickened, pour over mashed potatoes. I usually serve this with corn. Enjoy!

No comments: