Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Garlic Parmesan Chicken


(From Stick of Butter Cookbook by: Angel Shannon)

16 chicken tender strips (I used two ck. breasts, one for each of us.)
1 egg
2 Tbsp. milk
1 cup instant mashed potato flakes
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 Tbsp. crushed garlic (I used fresh minced garlic I had in the fridge.)
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 sticks butter (I just used 1 whole stick since I was doing less chicken.)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Beat egg and milk in a bowl. In another bowl, mix potato flakes, Italian seasoning, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. First roll the chicken in the egg mixture, then dredge in potato mixture. Place butter in shallow pan and put in hot oven until melted. Remove pan from oven, then roll coated chicken in butter, and place in the pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until juices run clear and crust is brown.

No comments: